Hollywood actor Miles Teller of Top Gun: Maverick fame could have popped the question to his beloved Keleigh Sperry on the pearly shores of the Seychelles, but he was determined to make this very personal promise on an African safari.
With the help of the Molori Safari team in Madikwe Game Reserve, the proposal was secretly planned for after a dawn game drive, which ended up – not coincidentally – at a beautiful nature spot. There, Miles had asked the guide to tie a red rose to a tree with a tag on it bearing two dates: the date Miles and Keleigh met and the date of her last night as his girlfriend. It was the kind of proposal that’s sure to become a Teller/Sperry family legend.
Everyone wants a similarly unforgettable proposal experience but not everyone is as original as Miles, or knows how to make it happen. And for young professional couples whose time is invaluable, planning these events is best left to on-site proposal coordinators. This is where Molori’s experienced team steps in.
Having been the safari lodge of choice for so many couples over the years, the team at Molori has perfected its role in bringing new meaning to this intensely private moment of commitment of two people to each other. And they understand the importance of that magical time when the happy couple simply want to bask in bliss together, and enjoy just the right balance of spoiling and total privacy. Much-loved for these very reasons by couples for proposals, elopements and honeymoons, Molori’s luxurious Presidential Suites, Metsi (593m2) and Molelo (619m2), are some of the most generous and romantic in Africa.
The Molori team are masters at creating magic, working behind the scenes to take care of the timing and the details, or even being the decoy … it’s all part of the sheer joy of making romantic proposals happen with the greatest of ease.
Highlights of Molori Safari proposals:
Private helicopter access: in addition to direct flights with Federal Air, Molori is proud to offer a scenic private helicopter transfer for glamour couples who want to arrive and depart privately. What sets the lodge apart is that it offers fly-in-and-out day and overnight experiences in its new Bell 450 helicopter, making arrivals and departures seamless and often spontaneous. Mid-air proposal? ‘Yes!’ is the answer. Anything is possible!
Couples spa treatments: Molori’s new massage sala is a sublime sanctuary set under trees with billowing curtains revealing bush views. Their beautifully scented botanical organic range of spa products, Terres D’Afrique, is made in Africa from Fair Trade ingredients sustainably harvested from ethical sources. (Couples massages may also be done in the Suites, if the couple prefers.
Personalised proposals: Molori’s passionate team love nothing more than creating surprise dinners in the middle of nowhere or on private pool decks at the Suites, celebratory bubbles at the Jacuzzi or in the sunken hide at the waterhole, or a rendezvous at the hidden telescope on the stargazing deck above the boma just after sunset. The superbly discreet guides know the layout of the reserve like the back of their hands, including the best lookout points with the best views for photography, and are entirely flexible about game-drive routes, so timing is completely relaxed and natural.
For more information on Molori, visit https://www.roraprivatecollection.com/molori-safari/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Molori Safari
- Molori Safari is recognised throughout the world as one of South Africa’s ultra-luxurious hideaways set breathtaking natural landscapes.
- The five-suite luxury lodge is situated in the 75 000-hectare, malaria-free, game-rich Madikwe Game Reserve bordering Botswana. It is South Africa’s fifth-largest game reserve.
- This exclusive-use destination affords absolute privacy for discerning travellers, one of the many reasons why international celebrities, heads of state, and royal families have enjoyed a private safari experience at Molori over the years.
- Madikwe is home to the ‘Big 10’, which includes the Big 5 as well as hippo, cheetah, hyena, giraffe and the endangered African wild dog. The reserve is also home to some 350 recorded bird species.
- Molori Safari is part of the Rora Private Collection comprising five safari properties, all privately owned and operated by the Ichikowitz
Molori’s conservation ethos
- Molori Safari ensures that its guests enjoy a rich experience of South Africa’s natural assets, and leave with a deeper knowledge of them. They tell the stories of the total ecosystem that makes up South Africa’s magnificent natural environment, which includes wildlife, insects, plants, astronomy, people and cultural diversities. Their focus extends to more than just the Big 5 on a safari experience.
- The Ichikowitz family is passionate and committed to the conservation of wildlife. Through Molori lodge operations and the Ichikowitz Family Foundation, they facilitate and contribute to many conservation projects, not just in South Africa but across the continent.
- Molori is committed to conservation and offers guests conservation experiences that include wildlife notching and collaring in Madikwe Game Reserve. These are linked to conservation efforts undertaken in the game reserve. The funds generated go towards the ongoing conservation of wildlife and provide immersive one-day encounters to guests who get to experience the actual collaring or notching event with the wildlife vet and conservation officers.
- Molori offers helicopter fly-in-and-out day and overnight experiences, with trips to the Ichikowitz Family Foundation’s K9 facility at their lodge in the Magaliesberg, Moledi Gorge, which specialises in anti-poaching programmes across the continent.